Our client located in Thunder Bay, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Millwright – Building Operator
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems as well as any other building on demand or PM requirements.
- Subject to legislative licensing requirements and company policy:
- Performs work in accordance to established processes and practices
- Complies with all internal and external requirements including but not limited to environmental, health and safety, fire protection
- Performs regular facility, facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems monitoring and inspection, preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure facility uptime objectives are met, uninterrupted client operation and asset integrity of assigned facility are maintained.
- Provides observations about facility, facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems conditions and deficiencies and provides recommendations for enhancement and repair.
- Monitors assigned facility by conducting facility walkthroughs, mechanical and electrical equipment and system monitoring and inspection
- Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs mechanical and electrical building systems and equipment
- Responds to routine and on-demand service requests and performs preventative and corrective maintenance on facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems
- Records resolution data within service maintenance management database. Ensures work completed meets quality, contract response and all other requirements
- Receives, tracks, monitors and reports status of maintenance and repair work within service maintenance management database. Initiates documents to obtain formal approval of work required.
- Assists in the implementation of preventative maintenance (PM) program. Ensures that deficiencies are identified, recorded and escalated, and that related documentations are maintained.
- Participates in facility-related projects.
- Ensures work is performed is in compliance with corporate and legislated policies, procedures, practices and guidelines related to environmental, health and safety, fire protection and any other applicable requirements.
- Maintains all assigned tools and arranges for repair and replacement where required
- Submits all expenditures on a timely basis
- Assists in enhancing tenant and customer satisfaction and maintaining positive relations through manner in which work is performed and services delivered.
- Must be able and willing to work shifts, be available for on-call/standby and emergency call-outs as they arise.
- Must be willing to wear personal protective equipment
- More than 4 years of facility operations and maintenance work experience
- High school diploma plus trades training and certification or licensing
- Advanced ability to adhere and to properly execute processes and practices relating to facility operations and maintenance
- Advanced ability to maintain and repair mechanical and electrical building systems and equipment
- Advanced troubleshooting and resolution skills in order to determine and resolve building mechanical and electrical equipment and system issues
- Current knowledge of fire, life, safety and building codes and standards and ability to research and apply related codes and standards
- Possesses a strong environmental, health and safety mindset. Ability to perform work in a safe manner
- Strong client-service orientation along with a high sense of urgency
- Effective communication skills for the purpose of data relay, exchange, feedback, and clarification
- Journeyman Millwright license
- Demonstrates an interest in completing, working towards or completed one or more of the following:
- Facilities Technician Certification
- Systems Maintenance Technician through Building Owners and Managers Institute (BOMI)
- Systems Maintenance Administrator through Building Owners and Managers Institute (BOMI)
- Must meet enhanced security clearance requirements
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability or contact Mike MacLeod @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 103.
Job Number 1581