Our client located in Brantford Ontario, has an immediate opening for a Stamping Engineering Specialist.
Salary: $70-75K – depending on experience. Overtime eligible position any hours worked after 40 hours each week are eligible as OT.
Stamping Engineering Specialist
The Stamping Engineering Specialist is primarily responsible for maintaining plant programs related to the Transfer Presses, Blanking Presses, Hot Stamping Robotic Transfer Presses and Laser Cutting Cells. These programs include; Support for repair, managing new projects and equipment from the design, procurement, and installation to production phases ensuring maximum production, quantity and quality.
- Identifies and drives continuous improvement plans to ensure overall equipment performance (quality, health and safety, efficiency and reliability).
- Troubleshoots issues, implement counter measures and/or improvements
- Engage with the Engineering and Management team to prioritize work, at all stages, from research and development to design and manufacturing.
- Investigate, research and propose cost effective equipment modifications to improve machine reliability, health and safety, product quality and throughput
- Writes technical specifications for the procurement of equipment, tooling and utilities
- Lead the design, construction, acceptance testing and installation for equipment and tooling
- Define the operating process parameters for equipment and tooling
- Participate in the maintenance documentation for equipment (spare part list, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting guide, lock out procedure, etc.
- Participate in the manufacturing of the prototype parts and communicate lessons learned.
- Programs all equipment in Stamping for all new Dies/Part set up for production.
- Automotive, Stamping or Manufacturing experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to work within a Cross-Functional Technical Team
- Experience in foreseeing potential process failures
- Strong technical and analytical aptitudes for problem solving
- Autonomous, thorough and methodical
- Meticulous, attention to detail oriented
- Able to operate a variety of machine tools, i.e. tig/mig/stick welders, lathes, milling machines, hand tools, etc. is an asset
- Engineering, with hands-on experience in a Stamping Environment (Minimum 5 years experience)
- Experience with pneumatics, hydraulics and controls in supporting manufacturing operations
- Solid understanding of materials and manufacturing processes
- Able to read / interpret blueprints for any of the following tooling, jig, fixtures, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics
- Mechanical or electrical expertise and experience in troubleshooting and problem solving (Minimum 5 years experience)
- Tool and Die Maker with experience in troubleshooting or new die building (Minimum 5 years experience}
- Intermediate MS Office Skills required and AutoCAD skills an asset
- Solid understanding of automation and/or Robotics is an asset
Please submit resumes to email@example.com including salary expectations and availability or contact Chris Halliwell @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 108.
Job Number 1964