Our client located in Windsor, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Tool & Die Maker.
- Plan, lay out and construct dies and fixtures according to engineering drawings. Repair and maintain dies and fixtures as required. Responsible for spare Tooling.
- Give input/ideas to Engineering Department on tooling/design alternatives for unique or difficult jobs. Help trouble shoot small tooling problems.
- Complete any work required on track sheet and ensure that all inspection sheets are correct.
- Make sure that all log books and PM’s are up to date.
- Perform set-ups as required.
- Develop new dies; make changes to meet or exceed quoted rates and improve product capability.
- Responsible for maintaining tooling documentation (tooling history) up to the smallest detail.
- Continuous Improvement.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or ministry-approved equivalent
- Tool & Die Certificate of Qualification
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in an automotive manufacturing environment as a licensed Tool & Die Maker
- Transfer Tooling, broach machine and tooling experience would be considered an asset
- Capable of full construction of new tools
- Excellent independent trouble-shooting and problem solving skills
- Good understanding of GD&T level 1, SPC level 2, Metrology, Blueprint Reading & Basic CNC lathe/machining programming
- Able to work independently
- Excellent documentation skills
- Working knowledge of the English Language (both written and oral).
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability or contact Chris Halliwell @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 108.
Job Number: 2042